Flintshire Summer Playscheme
Do take a look at the Flintshire Summer Playscheme, delivered in partnership with local town and community councils, Flintshire Families Disability Service and the Welsh Government.
Summer Reading Challenge ‘Wild World Heroes’
starts Saturday 10th July
Pack your bags, we’re off to Wilderville! It’s a pretty cool place, but there are lots of things that the Wild World Heroes can do to make their town even better! Join them for the Summer Reading Challenge and discover how you, too, can make a difference to the environment. We’re teaming up with WWF for a very special nature-themed challenge that will inspire you to stand up for our planet!
Wild World Heroes will feature amazing books, awesome rewards and plenty of ideas for taking care of our environment.
How to sign up Just pop into your nearest library to grab your Wild World Heroes SRC Bag! When you’ve completed the challenge, come back and tell us to receive your medal and certificate. Full details here: https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk
There’ll also be lots of free, fun activities to join in with at the library, or why not get out and about with us in the wilds of your local area. Follow a Story Trail or solve the treasure hunts or join us for ‘Fit, Fed and Read’ !
Get in touch to find out more and see where we’re going to be over the summer, or check out our Facebook page!
National Museum Cardiff Sleepover: Outer Space from Home
You’re invited to a sleepover that’s out of this world! Experience a fun-filled night at the Museum from your own home.
- Build a Space Station den and get ready to explore the museum like never before.
- Go behind the scenes to the galleries and museum stores and discover moon rock and meteorites.
- Do you have what it takes to train like an astronaut? Create your own jet pack and blast off in our fitness class that’s fun for all the family.
- What’s a sleepover without some tasty space snacks?! Make moon rocky road and rocket fuel to keep you energised throughout the night.
- Watch an astronomy show and learn how to find constellations in the starry night sky.
- Settle down for a film before bed – then camp in your space station to dream of floating through the Milky Way.
- Wake up bright and early for breakfast before creating your very own moon rocks at home.
Tickets: £5 [+ Eventbrite fees] for the whole family
All materials and activities supplied for this event will be bilingual (Welsh & English), excluding some elements which are to be confirmed. These activities will be delivered in the facilitators first language, which is English.
Our sleepover events usually sell fast – don’t miss out!
For details and tickets:
'Fit, Fed, Read' summer programme
Aura Leisure & Libraries have lots in store this summer, with free family activities across Flintshire. Sessions start w/c 19th July and run for 5 weeks.
Half Term Activities and Ideas...
Has boredom set in? In the need of something new to do? We’ve put together a list of things to do over half term to keep children (and parents/carers!) motivated and entertained. Hopefully, there’s something here for everyone!
Try these links to some fantastic websites...
Join Julia Donaldson and Friends, from Broom to Zoom! The Gruffalo | Facebook
Learn and play Words for Life | National Literacy Trust | Words for Life
Free reading and writing activities Virtual School Library
Make, do, play and explore at Tate Kids
Make, do and learn with Wildlife Trusts Activities | Wildlife Watch
Enjoy a ‘day out’ with a visual tour: